Thanks for visiting our website. Please read carefully the information in this page as it expresses the SmartCHP project policy regarding the processing of personal data.
SmartCHP owns the www.smartchp.eu website
SmartCHP project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research & innovation programme under grant agreement n°815259.
SmartCHP will design and build a novel small-scale cogeneration unit to produce renewable heat and electricity from sustainable biomass.
This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you visit our websites. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information. We take your privacy extremely seriously, and we never sell lists or email addresses.
This statement, set forth below, is our privacy statement. Here we describe the practices we follow to respect the privacy of all visitors to our website.
In this statement “Personal Information” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, including, but not limited to, first and last name, date of birth, email address, gender, occupation or other demographic information.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is not required for you to use our website.
However, there may be circumstances in which you choose to register/sign up and receive ongoing updates from SmartCHP.
In these cases, SmartCHP may contact registrants to invite them to special events, provide them with information about our services and solutions, publications or for other marketing purposes.
Information We Collect
- a. Information you voluntarily provide to us:
- send us an email,
- download files from our website,
- surveys via our website (survey participants may be asked for personal information (name, contact information, etc., in addition to opinions or feedback),
- communicate with us in any way,
- Register for an event
you are voluntarily giving us information that we collect.
That information may include your name, physical address, email address, IP address, phone number, company you are working for, occupation, or other demographic information.
- b. Information we collect automatically:
When you browse our website, we may collect information about your visit to our website, your usage of the services and your web browsing.
That information may include your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, your browsing activity and other information about how you interacted with our Website.
When someone visits www.smartCHP.eu, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns.
We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be upfront about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
- c. Information from other sources:
From time to time we may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as:
- Social media platforms (Twitter, and LinkedIn)
- Project partners consortium that you are meeting with and exchange business cards.
We take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally permitted or required to disclose such information to us.
Examples of the information we may receive from other sources include name, e-mail address, demographic information, device information (such as IP addresses) and location.
We use this information, alone or in combination with other information (including Personal Information) we collect, to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing and content to you and to develop and provide you with more relevant solutions and services.
Special categories of personal data
SmartCHP does not intentionally collect nor use any special categories of personal data (sensitive personal information) via our website.
Sensitive personal information includes: information revealing racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs; trade-union membership; the processing of genetic or biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person; information concerning health; information concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation; and in some cases, social security numbers or financial information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/devices you are using.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To send you information about SmartCHP project evolution, results and outcomes in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in every email.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Data of registrants will be stored until the end of the project.
SmartCHP may only disclose your personal information outside of SmartCHP:
- When explicitly requested by you, the site visitor;
- As required by a court order or any other legal or regulatory requirement.
Your rights. Controlling your personal information
Below you can find a brief description of your rights according to the new regulation. For more details please visit www.eugdpr.org
- Right of access – you have the right to obtain a confirmation from our side if we are processing or not your personal data, and if we are, to offer you access to this data and how we are using them.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to receive the personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
- Right to object – you have the right to object, on grounds relating your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data.
- Right to rectification – you have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data.
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) – you have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of your personal data without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for the processing; the data subject objects to the processing; the personal data have been unlawfully processed; the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation; the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services.
- Right to restriction of processing – you have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies: the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data; the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead; the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; the data subject has objected to processing pursuant pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
RE-COGNITION does not collect or compile personal information obtained by our website for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
You are legally entitled to request details of the personal information we are holding about you. SmartCHP provides you the ability to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date.
If at any time you would like RE-COGNITION to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal information, or you would like to obtain confirmation whether or not your personal information is processed, access your personal information, exercise your right to data portability or withdraw your consent to processing, please contact us.
Please be aware that www.smartchp.eu sometimes contains links to other sites that are not governed by this privacy statement. Visitors to our website may be directed to third-party sites for more information, such as about events, vendor services, government entities, non-profits, and social networks.
SmartCHP makes no representations or warranties regarding how your information is stored or used on third-party servers. We recommend that you review the privacy statement of each third-party site linked from our website to determine their use of your personal information.
This website is not intended for use by children. We understand the importance of protecting children’s information, especially in an online environment, and we do not knowingly collect or maintain information about children.
How to contact us?